1: Explanation of the Regulations
Vector Machines may not simply process the data you provide to it. The Privacy legislation is intended to protect the privacy of individuals. This legislation restricts the permitted use of your personal data by others. Under this law, Vector Machines has a duty to its customers:
- inform you of the manner in which and the purpose for which data is processed by Vector Machines;
- to report who can view the data;
- request permission for the processing of certain data. Vector Machines cares about your privacy. That is why Vector Machines explains in these Regulations how it handles your data, the purpose of its use and for the processing of which data Vector Machines must explicitly ask for your permission.
2: The personal data that Vector Machines uses and the purpose of the use
Vector Machines (possibly) processes your personal data if you become or are a customer of Vector Machines, visit the website, sign up for newsletters from Vector Machines or contact us via the contact form. Vector Machines collects your name, address, telephone number, email address, and IP address. This data enables us to:
- to be able to handle the agreement that customers conclude with Vector Machines financially and administratively;
- to be able to provide our services;
- to be able to reach customers or interested parties if necessary;
- to further develop/optimize our services.
Vector Machines keeps track of the IP addresses of (potential) customers who visit the website. This data enables us to:
- register which internet site/internet pages you visit;
- improve the functionality and content of the website;
- keep track of which topics or applications (potential) customers are interested in;
- to ensure that you do not receive the same information over and over again;
- improve the product offering.
Explanation regarding the placement of cookies
3: Provision of personal data to third parties
Vector Machines does not provide personal data to individuals or companies outside of the Vector Machines organization unless:
- that is required by a legal regulation;
- that is necessary for the performance of an agreement that Vector Machines has concluded with you;
- you have permitted for this.
4: Obligations/secure access/confidentiality/retention period
- Vector Machines only processes your data in accordance with the law. This means (among other things) that the data will only be processed for the purpose for which it was obtained and in a proper/careful manner by the law and these Regulations.
- your data can only be viewed by the staff of Vector Machines unless otherwise stated in these Regulations. All your data is protected by Vector Machines against unauthorized access.
The security consists of:
- from having a personal password for each employee to log into the digital system.
- the employees of Vector Machines have a duty of confidentiality about all personal data provided to Vector Machines;
- Vector Machines has taken technical measures to secure the system it uses against outside infringements by the law;
- your personal data will not be kept longer than is necessary for proper administration. Vector Machines applies a period of two years after the last purchase/order/invoice, after which the data will be destroyed. The law may prescribe a different retention period. If so, Vector Machines will comply with the prescribed statutory retention period.
5: Your rights as a data subject
- right to information: the right to know whether and which of your data are being processed and for what purpose;
- right of inspection: the right to inspect and copy those data insofar as this does not harm the privacy of another person;
- the right to correct, supplement or delete data if necessary (right to correction and deletion). The right to request (partial) deletion of your data can only be met if the retention of the data is not of significant importance to someone else and the data must not be retained based on a statutory regulation;
- the right to object: the right to object to the processing of your data in certain cases
- move your data.
If you want to make use of your rights, you can indicate this by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your request is rejected, you will be explained why. One reason may be that your file contains information that is or may be of interest to others. You will receive a message from Vector Machines within one month of receiving your request. You can also contact Vector Machines if you have a complaint about the way your data is processed and Vector Machines will try to resolve it with you. Do you have an (other) comment/question/suggestion? You can also contact us in writing for this.
Naturally, Vector Machines will also handle the personal data provided in this context confidentially and carefully.
Our current contact details can be found on the Vector Machines website.
Vector Machines privacy regulations version May 2018
Vector Machines can be reached as follows:
Business address: Ossekamp 3 – 8531 XK Lemmer
Telephone: 085 – 00 49 679
E-mail address: email@example.com